Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Brotherhood of Our Lady of Perpetual Pandemonium





















Hey, Hey, We're the Monks!


We're learning about the spread of Christianity during the dark ages and the monasteries of England and Ireland. Brother James, Brother Bartholomew (don't ask), and Brother Andrew learned all about bookmaking and illuminated some manuscripts of their own. We all enjoyed a monk's supper of lentil soup (surprisingly good), apples, cheese, and crusty bread.









Brother James loves his habit and has continued to wear it through the weekend. He says he likes it because it is so scratchy and has even taken off his undershirt so that he can better feel the itching. Any doubts we had about whether he's sensory-seeking have been emphatically laid to rest. Who knew - we could have gotten the kid a hairshirt years ago!

5 comments:

Tricia Williams said...

halloween costumes for this year, too? did you have to sew those? i love it.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you've added to the blog! I missed seeing updated pictures of the boys. Keep them coming! Jon

brooke b said...

LOVE that you are back on the blog, Tracy! I can assure you that each of your posts will inspire me to do little bits of home schooling myself. LOVE the brain hat!....and, the habit (though my boys would have a fit w/ the scratchy-scratch...haha).

Kelly said...

Ahhh...how did so many posts get done before I realized you were blogging again? I am so glad to see pictures and hear about the kids. Can't wait to see you all in Oct. I'll call soon. We have a new phone number and service...I just have to find the phones! Hahaha!

Unknown said...

Fantabulous - Tracy, you are amazing - love the brain hats as well. Can I please come to your school?

love
m.